People are obsessed with this Green Kitchen renovation we just completed. More importantly, so is the client!
But she wasn’t always so sure about the green. In fact, she told us choosing a bold color felt a little scary.
And it wasn’t just the color. It was the entire renovation. Changing out an entire kitchen. Choosing a new layout. Solving old storage problems. Dealing with contractors.
Our client confided in us: “If I were to do this on my own, all those decisions would have overwhelmed me. But working with Singer gave me the confidence to pull it off!”
When Opportunity Blows In
Like many of us in southern Louisiana, Hurricane Ida left the client’s kitchen in shambles.
But she knew this was her chance to change things that had been bugging her for years including:
- Her old kitchen was so dark & dated
- There was so much dead space & unusable storage
- She couldn’t fully open the cabinet with the lazy Susan
- Drawers that housed pots and pans were coming apart
- Having to jam the corners of cabinets back together
- If you didn’t pull from both sides, drawers would get off track
- Silverware drawer would slip of the track
Our designer, Cat, pointed out that the client had narrow cabinets which caused additional storage problems.
But the biggest complaint was that our client didn’t enjoy being in her kitchen. It didn’t have the right feel and was so non-functional, cooking wasn’t fun anymore.
Going All the Way
Our client says the most important part of the entire project was helping her see all her options together in one design.
In other words, she knew she wanted to do something different, she just wasn’t sure what.
She gravitated toward the all-natural, outdoor feeling of green in the coast plain, which continues the theme of green/yellow stained-glass windows towards the front of the house. The feeling is reflected back through custom drapes and outdoor shutters.
Some of her boldest renovation choices included:
- Stacked wall cabinets to the 12 foot ceiling
- Built in the refrigerator
- Cut down bar wall and added created waterfall countertop
- Replaced microwave hood above the rage with a undercounter microwave drawer in the island.
- Added a personal touch with really cool lighting, backsplash , and butcher block top.
The result? Here are a few quotes from the client:
“Cooking is more of a joy – it’s just so fun!”
“Everything about it is more delightful!”
“I’ve been eating at my peninsula every night for dinner.”
“I love staring at my kitchen.”
Her advice for those seeking a similar transformation?
“You don’t need to waste time and cut corners when it comes to your kitchen. You want it done right. Call the professionals at Singer Kitchens.”
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves, and we’re over the moon that you love your new kitchen so much!