We Are Often Asked, Does A Bathroom Remodel Increase Home Value?
A bathroom remodel is often a design-driven choice. It could be to improve aesthetics or to create a bigger space. A bathroom remodel can also be an investment. Can it increase home value? It sure can.
The remodel of a bathroom could also be functional. Many owners remodel their bathrooms to update the fixtures or flooring.
According to the 2019 Remodeling Impact Report by the National Association of Realtors®, the most popular interior project was a bathroom renovation. The report also calculates the ‘Joy Score.’
This refers to the homeowner’s level of happiness with their renovations. The highest score given is 10. Bathroom renovations scored 9.6.
In their 2017 report, they found that a bathroom remodel ranked third in “likely value” for resale. It was also in the top three for “appeal to buyers.”
Their research found that bathroom renovations had a 50% recovery value. This means that homeowners will recoup more or less half of what they spent on the project.
Experts agree that renovations can help drive up property value. The key, however, is to make sure it is done right. Which renovations will give you the most ROI?
Here Are Some Bathroom Remodel Ideas To Get You Started.
- Flooring. Bathroom flooring should be durable and waterproof. You can also install radiant heat mats underneath your flooring. This is a good feature if you live in a colder climate. Even if you don’t, it’s still a nice comforting addition, especially after a cold shower. Upgraded bathroom floors can instantly change the look and feel of the space. Best of all, it doesn’t have to be too expensive.
- Walk-in shower. Tubs are great if you have space, but it can be high maintenance. Showers, on the other hand, are used daily.
- Vanity. This will include the faucet, sink, and countertops. Homebuyers will look at the height and the countertop (marble and granite are highly valued) so take note of these during a renovation. If you really want to upgrade, you’ll need to set aside the appropriate budget for this project.
- Paint. Just like flooring, a fresh coat of paint can instantly improve your bathroom’s look. A neutral color is always a good choice because it has a broad appeal.
- Energy-efficient features. More homeowners are turning to energy-efficient technologies as an environment-friendly choice. It also has long-term cost benefits. For your bathroom remodel, you can optimize your shower, sink, and toilet so that they’ll have low flow. This means less water usage and more money saved on the water bill. For potential buyers, this is a strong pull because of the promise of long-term savings.
Tips For Bathroom Remodel
- Make a list of what you want to upgrade. It is best to do it all in one go so you can maximize your savings. Or you can prioritize and focus on those that really needs upgrading. Not sure what you want? Check out magazines, showrooms or websites. This will give you an idea of what potential buyers may be looking at.
- Set a budget. This is crucial in every project. Knowing how much you are willing to spend can help you streamline materials and design elements that fit your budget. Don’t forget to set aside money for unexpected problems like mold or plumbing.
- Contact a professional. A professional can help you maximize your budget. They can also help you avoid expensive mistakes. They can advise on where to splurge and where to save. Another major advantage is that you won’t have to worry about the technical details, which can be a challenge, especially for first-timers.
So, does a bathroom remodel increase home value? We believe through what we have shown you that it absolutely will increase the value of your home. If you are planning a remodel, we can help.
Singer Kitchens have been in the business since 1928. We have an experienced team who will listen to your needs, understand your budget and respect your preferences.
We also have an exclusive SingerSight™ software. This allows you to see your new bathroom in 3D. You can view bathroom remodel before and after photos. This is an interactive experience that our customers love.
Contact us now for a free consultation.